09 Aug Habits of Healthy Couples
Posted at 16:47h in couples, EFT 0 Comments
Habits of Healthy Couples
Relationships take proactive effort to remain strong. Here is list of a few habits that help keep a couple’s connection alive and well. These ideas are taken from Hold Me Tight by Dr. Sue Johnson, the co-creator of Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy.
- Holding, kissing, and hugging when leaving or coming home
- Writing notes or letters to each other
- Participating in religious events or family rituals
- Calling each other during the day just to say hi
- Having time each day to check in with each other
- Keeping a regular date night
- Celebrating special events like birthdays and anniversaries
- Doing projects or learning something new together
- Supporting their partner in daily struggles and stresses
- Recognizing or complimenting your partner in front of others
Maybe you can pick up a good habit for your relationship.