I work much like a good family care doctor who can treat most issues for most people. Our field is moving towards specialization like the rest of the medical field. However, I treat and strive to stay informed on the most common issues for families, couples and children (see Services Available) such as marital conflict, trauma, anxiety, depression, behavior issues, and infidelity. For most people, I believe a well-rounded therapist is much better than a highly specialized therapist.
I have been in private practice since 2011. Previously, I worked for a community mental health agency with children, adolescents and their families. I also have previous experience with child care consultations, crisis intervention and evaluation, teaching marriage and family therapy courses and school based counseling.
Training and Education
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), License # 1011
- State of Oklahoma Approved LMFT Supervisor
- Clinical Member of American Association for Marriage & Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- Masters in Human Development & Family Science with a concentration in Marriage & Family Therapy, Oklahoma State University. (This program is the only training program in the state certified by the COAMFT, the accrediting body that establishes the standards for MFT programs.)
- Bachelors in Human Development & Family Science, Sum Cum Laude, Oklahoma State University
- Additional training in Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavior Therapy (TF-CBT), Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) and Filial Therapy.
A Few Notes about Me
I was raised on a farm in rural Oklahoma. I learned to drive a tractor long before I could drive legally on the road. I believe this background taught me to value hard work and the importance of community. These values are represented now by working hard for my clients and understanding how important our relationships are to who we are.
I am a Christian and believe that seeking help from one’s faith can be a critical element to change. I can provide Christian counseling if it is applicable to you.
Currently, I enjoy private practice because it allows me to balance two loves: my career and my family. On days that I do not see clients, I am at home with my 3 children.